Frequently Asked Questions
What recommendations do you provide for a new asphalt driveway?
The proper care and maintenance of your driveway is of the utmost importance in extending the life of your driveway. Accu-Pave offers a full spectrum of asphalt driveway maintenance needs.
For a new asphalt driveway, we recommend:
- Wait five (5) days prior to driving vehicles on your new driveway. Except in extremely “hot” temperatures, an added day maybe required.
- While driving on your new driveway, don’t turn your front wheels without moving the vehicle in a forward or backward motion. Avoid parking your vehicles in the very same location on the driveway each time you park.
- For the first one to two years, avoid placing sharp or pointed objects on the driveway (i.e., bicycle or motorcycle stands, lawn chairs, charcoal grills, ladders, etc.) that can make marks or holes in a new driveway.
- You will find that the 45 degree finished edges of your driveway leaves a gap between the soil and lawn, place topsoil along the edges for support for the driveway edge.
- Seal coating the driveway surface is an important part of your driveway maintenance program. The first sealer application can be done anytime after thirty (30) days past the installation date. Thereafter, sealcoat when the surface shows wear (i.e., when the grayish stone color appears). Remember, over-sealing is just as bad as under-sealing.
Why should I seal my asphalt driveway?
There are several reasons you should seal your asphalt driveway.
Protection Against Spills.
Oil, gas and other spills cause not only unsightly stains, but also begin working at destroying your asphalt.
Protection Against Weather.
Winters can cause a lot of damage to asphalt surfaces. If not properly sealed, moisture can find its way into the asphalt and as it freezes and thaws, it weakens the asphalt.
A properly sealed driveway looks good…and stays looking good! When your asphalt is cared for, the rest of your property will also become more beautiful in appearance. Not only will you be happy, so will your neighbors.
It is much easier to sweep clean sealed asphalt and clear it of ice and snow. Ice does not stick as readily to a well sealed asphalt surface. You will spend less time clearing your driveway, with better results.
Sealing Is Economically Sound.
When you consider the cost of repaving your driveway versus the cost of sealing, you will discover that this maintenance will save you a lot of money over the long term.
Maintain Property Values.
Asphalt that is cared for can help increase the over all value of your property as well as those in your neighborhood. Prospective buyers want to see that the property has been maintained.
What kind of warranty does Eagle Asphalt provide?
All material is guaranteed to be as specified on the Eagle Asphalt proposal. All work to be completed in a workmanlike manner according to standard practices. Any alteration or deviation from the proposed specifications involving extra costs will be executed only upon written orders, and will become an extra charge over and above the estimate. All agreements contingent upon strikes, accidents, or delays beyond our control. Contractor carries all necessary and required insurance. Our workers are fully covered by Workmen Compensation Insurance.
Will I interact with one of the owners during my project?
Absolutely! One of the benefits of being a family-owned business is that an owner will always be on the job site. You will probably deal with one of the owners from the initial estimate request through the completion of the project. You’ll even be provided with additional methods of contact once we are actually working on the project.
What causes potholes?
Potholes form because asphalt eventually cracks under heat and the stress from traffic. These cracks let water seep into the base and during cold weather this water freezes and expands. Gravel and dirt is pushed out leaving a hole.
Why does my asphalt heave in the winter?
Heaving is caused by water below the base of the driveway. A deep freeze can cause the water to freeze and swell. This could cause heaving, however, the heaving will subside in the warmer weather.
When should my new asphalt be sealed?
Seal coating the driveway surface is an important part of your driveway maintenance program. The first sealer application can be done anytime after thirty (30) days past the installation date.
Thereafter, sealcoat when the surface shows wear (i.e., when the grayish stone color appears). Remember, over-sealing is just as bad as under-sealing.
Do you offer refunds?
No, Sorry we don’t offer refunds as we know that our work is quality and the price is justified.
Eagle Asphalt will make two guarantees: 1) You will be happy and 2) The job will be done right.